BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 18, 2009

MAPCU Chess Competition

MAPCU CHESS COMPETITION
Location: IMU
Date: 11.4.2009 (Saturday)

This is my worst chess competition I ever participated, in term of performance. Horrible result! I never experience such result lehz! T.T

The game is played in group based. 1 group consists of 4 people(3 boys,1 girls),and each people is assigned to eacho board. I was assigned to first board, swt...first board are usually all the pros, and yea, I definitely got beaten, harshly!

6 matches played,guess how many match I win!?
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
1st match - LOSE (Time pressure + Disadvantage on chess pieces)
2nd match - DRAW (Time pressure - the most relieve and most frustrating game I ever had. I am winning the match,but just one step of blunder and follow by another step of wrong-moved,turn the game around,and in the end,I have 1 king against 1 queen,1 king.Basically I was playing for a stalemate/draw,and in the end,I do get it. It's funny if you ask me how I get that draw.)
3rd match - LOSE (Low concentration + Blunder - technically in good position and should have win by material but 1 blunder is enough to blow my chance away. Fastest lost I had.)
4th match - LOSE (Low concentration + VS another team of INTI UC)
5th match - LOSE (Time pressure + Opponent rating 1800 - The most interesting and enjoyable game I had. Ya, I lost, but I lost the game happily, consider his rating is high, and I lose due to time pressure.
6th match - LOSE (Tired + Blunder - Another low concentration performance.)

Wait...so it means that I drawn 1 match and lose the other 5?
Yes,it is! That's why I said it's the worst chess competition I ever participated.Haish...
1. My chess really deteriorated ady.
2. Insufficient sleep last night.
No,have to change this fact!Gotta improve ady!I never went to a competition where I have not win a single match!

Anyway,the trip to the venue there is quite nice too.
Met some new friends, got a chance to look how IMU looks like...
Then met Weei Foong and Shiong Qi there..
After the competition, went back to INTI again and prepare for exam lu^^.

Weei Foong & Me.
Shiong Qi and Me.

Thanks Shiong Qi for your phone camera. Nice to meet you guys again...^^

1 comments:

xuxu said...

wah...
geng pun wor..
still got one round DRAW~
haha..
nvm lar~
don't so sad...
come here n practise with me..
then u sure can win more d.. ^^